For me personally, I really value the idea of a “Spa Day” and just a relaxing Spa Time. Those days where you feel tired, lost, confused, uncertain…. please just organise a Spa Day for yourself! It’s so helpful, calming, soothing and makes you feel totally better. Today I will be giving you all the tips, tricks, facts and items that will help you fall into complete relaxation modeeeee !
This would already make such a difference because candles provide light, heat and fragrance, which may bring you joy, warmth and comfort. There are so many fragrances you can choose from: simple ones like vanilla, lavender, berries and more crazy funky ones like cigar smoke and bacon pancakes! (Yes, those are real scents.) If you want to invest a bit more money, you can go for Aromatherapy candles: these contain natural essential oils rather than chemically derived oils. Aromatherapy is the practice of using natural oils to enhance wellbeing – both physical and psychological. Different scents have different effects on your wellbeing, for example Lavender Scent is seen as being both uplifting and relaxing, relieving stress and giving you better night’s sleep.
Interesting Fact: Soy Candles (made of Soy Wax) are better for your health as they burn cleaner and produces as much as 90% less soot that parafin.
2. Essential Oils
Essential oils are compounds extracted from plants. They are added to vegetable oils, creams and baths gels to give a nice scent and are used for aromatherapy. You can use them in an Essential Oils Diffuser, a bath and your face (haha): the crown of your head, behind the ears, your neck, and your temples. Scientists think they work by sending chemical messages to parts of the brain that affect mood and emotion.
Facts:Don’t keep for more than 3 years. You can use Tea Tree Oil to fix blemishes and pimples, simply use a cotton bud to apply the oil to the affected area. For smoother-looking skin, you can add Bergamot essential oil to your night-time routine.
3. Face Steaming…
Steaming your face helps to open your pores and release any impurities. This can be easily done by filling a bowl with hot water, and if you fancy, you can add a couple drops of essential oils, some calming herbs such as chamomile, lavender and even rose petals for a nice touch! This will soften up your skin which will make it easier to clear blocked pores and extract any blackheads you have.
Tip: Cover your head and bowl with a towel so the steam doesn’t escape!
4. Facemask Time!
One of my personal favourites… FACEMASKS! Where do I even start.
- Sheet Masks: Originally from South Korea, these are probably the most versatile category of face masks. Cheap, fun and designed for every skin type!
- Clay/Mud Masks: Bentonite and Kaolin clay are the most common clay and they both have medicinal uses. They are proven to absorb and remove toxins from your skin, making them great for acne-prone skin.
- Cream Masks: If you have dry skin and need a hydration boost, this is it. Cream masks are beneficial for mature skin and can also be used for spot treatment if you have combination skin.
- Peel-of Masks: Also great for acne or refining pores and exfoliates the skin a little.
- Gel Masks: These masks have a cooling, soothing sensation; generally best for dry or sensitive skin.
- Charcoal Masks: Helps to detoxify skin, being good for oily complexions and acne. Can be bought as charcoal sheet masks, cream masks, peel-off masks and mud masks.
- Sleep Masks: Great option for a deep hydrating boost, especially during winter when your skin is dehydrated and dull.
“A manicure consists of filing and shaping the free edge of nails, pushing and clipping any nonliving tissue, treatments with various liquids, massage of the hand, and the application of fingernail polish.” I think having fixed, filed, freshly painted nails makes you feel good as you use your hands 24 7, so you want them to look nice. You can simply buy a mini manicure set, which normally contains a Nail Cuter, Nail File, Cuticle Nipper and Nail Scissors.
Sooo….. I think I covered the main points. Obviously there are things you can do like body scrubs, hand and body massage, foot spa and so on. Hope you enjoyed this Blog Post, let me know what you think xx