Today I decided to make a very special dinner for my mum as I thought I would give her a break. I made Black Farmer chicken sausages fried with chestnut mushrooms and onions, herby potatoes and carrots with a homemade beef gravy. It was a real treat!
Recipe: Serve 2 – 4
- Fill a saucepan with water and bring to boil. Peel about 10 baby potatoes and 3 – 4 carrots.
- Cut the carrots into thirds but don’t cut the potatoes as they are tiny.
- Let the vegetables steam for 12-15 minutes and start to clean up your work space.
- Chop up 3 chestnut mushrooms and 1 onion.
- Fry in oil and butter until they are soft and lightly browned.
- Add in 6 Black farmer chicken sausages but make sure they are not squashed together.
- As the sausages are frying on low heat, check the vegetables.
- Turn of the heat for the vegetables and set aside.
- Meanwhile, add one tablespoon of butter in a saucepan and let it melt.
- Add a heaped tablespoon of flour and mix until smooth.
- Let the mixture simmer until it is fluffy and has lightened in colour.
- Pour in 3/4 cup of water and let simmer until thickens.
- Add in a few drops of balsamic vinegar, a couple of tablespoons of soy sauce, a dash of ketchup, 1 beef stock and salt and pepper and mix.
- Lastly, SERVE!